You may get .psd* file of "Vintage wallpaper effect" Photoshop tutorial by making a payment. Put the tutorial title in "Add special instructions to seller" line of PayPal and it will be sent to you shortly.
- Find plaster texture and create pattern from it using Offset filter.
- Apply the Offset filter: Filter > Other > Offset.
In the Offset window, set the Horizontal and Vertical offsets to half of the original texture size and select Wrap Around.
- From the Edit menu, select Define Pattern. Enter a name for the pattern and click OK. The pattern will be appended to the current pattern set.
- Hide joints using Clone Stamp Tool and Blur Tool.
- In order to create old wallpaper effect create first layer, apply Pattern Overlay (plaster texture) and white Color Overlay with small opacity.
- Create a new layer, fill it with white color. Add Layer Mask (click on marked button). Erase some areas in layer mask, using black brush. I used simple round brush.
- Create next layer. Apply wallpaper pattern, erase same area in layer mask just like in the previous example.