You may get .psd* file of "Valentine's Day Photoshop ideas. Shiny heart on the dark background" Photoshop tutorial. Put the tutorial title in "Add special instructions to seller" line of PayPal and it will be sent to you shortly.
- Create a new document in Photoshop 1024*768px and resolution 72px/inch.
- Create the heart shape with Custom Shape Tool, you my use preset Photoshop shapes from Custom shape palette.
- Insert different splashes shapes, transform and rotate them to create heart silhouette, apply Multiply Blending Mode to each splash layer to see original background heart shape.
- You may see in the screen shot below, that we can use one splash image twice, just stretch it and move it upside down.
- Fill heart shape with different splashes like on the example.
- Select all splashes layers and Convert them to the Smart Object.
- You will have all splashes in one Smart Object layer.
- Create a new adjustments layer, click small icon in the bottom of layers palette. Add "Levels" adjustment layer and "Black and White" levels adjustment layer. Go to Menu > Filter > Blur > Surface Blur. All settings for levels, black&white and Surface Blur filter you will find in the screen shots below.
- Blur Filter settings:
- Black and white settings .
- Merge Smart Object splash layer with adjustments layers.
- You will have black and white Splash layer.
- In order to remove white background, go to Menu > Select > Color Range. Select with Eyedropper tool white background.
- Remove white selected area.