Learn how to create 3d octopus text effect. This Adobe Photoshop tutorial teaches how to apply octopus skin texture and light reflections to the 3d letters. You may get large (8.5 x 6 in, 300px/in) editable .psd* file of "Octopus text effect" ("Octopus" sign on the white plate) Photoshop tutorial by making a payment.
Also you may get previous file + large (10.5 x 11.5 in, 300px/in) .psd* file of "Octopus alphabet and numbers" which includes all English letters and 1-9 numbers in separate layers. You may see alphabet file preview below.
- Duplicate first larger circle and place it above the small one.
- Apply new layer style effects.
- Use clouds brushes to add some curls.
- Here are all letters:
- you may rotate and move letters to place them on the oval plate:
- The last small element - letters reflection on the white glossy plate surface:
- Load selection for all letters(Ctrl +Shift +Click letter thumbnail). Go to Edit > Copy Merged. Place copied letters layer above the plate but below the actual letters, move this layer down a bit. Apply Opacity 30%.
- Correct levels for this layer to make it lighter.
And here is the result!