Learn how to increase the quality of the regular photo and make it more artistic by using Photoshop tools, settings and photo manipulation skills. You may download original photo and psd file with changes.
- Open image from your camera as Camera Raw, File > Open as > Camera Raw(...). In this tutorial, I was using TIF file converted from .CR2*. You may use this image and check out and psd file.
- Correct image using Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in. I plan to make this image more crispy(especially to improve water splashes) and add warm shades.
You may download all effects in .xmp* file for this image here.
And upload it into "Preset" settings section of "Camera Row" window.
- The most important points in the Basic setting Section for our corrections are:
- Temperature - warm effect.
- Recovery. Hiding extra large highlights spots and in the result - sharpening water splashes, making them more textural. Check out the example below.
- Make blacks little bit more active to increase texture effect.
- Add sharpening effect. The settings on the screen shot are for the very large image. In order to see sharpening changes zoom preview image to 100%.
- Move Oranges Hue marker left - from green shade to warm red fade.
- Correct Luminance settings, especially pay attention to Oranges and Blue markers. Orange will help to make background building objects more dark and solid. Lightning blue channels helps to create clean white spot in the sky area.
- Couple small changes in Camera Calibration section. Move markers to see the difference or find better result.