You may get .psd* file of "Unusual Christmas Card" Photoshop tutorial by making a donation. Put the tutorial title in "Add special instructions to seller" line of PayPal and it will be sent to you shortly.
- Create Photoshop document 900*675 px.
- Fill background layer with dark grey/light grey gradient.
- Create top and bottom edges using Pen Tool and Convert Point tool. You may use this photo to make the same card silhouette.
- Correct edges shape using Warp Transformation, draw attention to curves lines.
- Create shade under bottom layer using the same way, but move left and right corners little bit down.
- Apply Gaussian Blur Filter to the shade layer.
- Apply Radial gradient for the top edge and Linear light grey/white gradient to the bottom edge.
- Duplicate bottom edge, fill it with darker Linear Gradient. Cut out left and right corners, apply Gaussian Blur Filter.
- Repeat the previous actions, but leave just selected area, it should be darker than previous layer.
- In result, you should get something like this.
- Load selection for the top edge.
- Create a new layer.
- Go to Edit > Stroke > Inside(1 px).
- Play with layer Opacity.