In this Photoshop tutorial learn how to create cute baby panda illustration and realistic Bamboo Text Effect. Also you will find helpful bamboo shape file, brushes and styles. You may get .psd* file of "Cute baby panda & Bamboo text effect" Photoshop tutorial by making a payment . Put the tutorial title in "Add special instructions to seller" line of PayPal and it will be sent to you shortly.
- Create a new Photoshop document 1200px X 696px, 72pixels/inch resolution. Same layer styles effects depends of the document and shapes sizes.
- Insert the background image. If the background image is smaller than your document, you may place two background layers to cover whole scene, then merge them, select connection edge, go to Edit > Fill > Content-Aware.
- Create a new layer and add large soft white spot in the center of the image, use Brush Tool. Choose adjustments just like on the image below:
- Select bottom part of the spot and remove it to create bottom edge just like on the screen shot below.
- In order to create "Bamboo text effect" you may download my shape. Insert it into a new layer. Or you may create your own shape by following instructions below.
- Type the text, this font is pretty close to plants stalk shape. Use larger font size for the first letter. Also use larger space between letters.
- Add 5px Outside Stroke effect to the text layer in order to make it bolder. Use the same color for the stroke as the font color.
- Then rasterize text layer (right click text layer > Rasterize) and merge it with the new empty layer to realize stroke effect.
- Trace bamboo stalk sections in separate layer by using Line Tool . This is temporary layer.
- Create a new layer above the text shape.
- Choose small Brush Tool and correct letters contour next to the bamboo sections.
- Do this for each bamboo section.
- You should get something similar. Remove white lines layer after shape correction.
- Merge the corrections spots layer and text layer. You will get the 1-st bamboo text effect layer.
- Apply Gradient Overlay and Bevel and Emboss layer style effects to this layer.
- Duplicate the #1-st text layer layer, apply Fill = 0% and following layer style effects: